[SHOWS] Yun-hee Huh Solo Exhibition 'Forest of Time' @Lotte Gallery

NOVEMBER 29, 2019

Yun-hee Huh Solo Exhibition 'Forest of Time' 

Date: Oct 31, 2019(Thurs) - Nov 24, 2019(Sun)

Venue: LOTTE GALLERY, SEOUL

For more information, please follow the link: https://blog.naver.com/lottegallery_ch

ARTIST'S NOTE

"I formerly thought that it would be worht the while to get a specimen leaf from each changing tree, shrub, and herbaceous plant, when it had acquired its brightest characteristic color, in its transition from the green to the brown state, outline it, and copy its color exactly, with paint, in a book. What a memento such a book would be! You would need only to turn over its leaves to take a ramble through the autumn woods whenever you pleased. I have made but little progress toward such a book." - Henry David Thoreau, Autumnal Tints

I wanted to realize Thoreau's idea. So on May 5, 2008, I started the Leaf Diary. Everyday I take a walk through Bukak Mountain near my house and get a leaf for the day. Later I draw its shape and color exactly. I also write about people I meet or remember that day, or brief thoughts. I still try to capture the beauty of a moment in my work everyday. 

ARTWORKS

Prev [Art Fair] CONTEXT Art Miami 2019
Next [SHOWS] The 10th Ilwoo Photography Awards Show 2019 l 'Dongkeun Lee: 아리랑예술단:유랑극장' @Ilwoo Space
  List