[NEWS] Jeff Koons Departs Gagosian, David Zwirner for Pace Gallery

April 27, 2021 

Jeff Koons. PHOTO STEVE PARSONS/PRESS ASSOCIATION VIA AP IMAGES 

Jeff Koons, the world’s most expensive living artist, has departed two major galleries that have long represented him and joined one of their competitors. In a surprise move, Koons will now be exclusively represented by Pace Gallery, which has permanent spaces in New York, Hong Kong, Seoul, London, Palo Alto, and Geneva. He will no longer show with David Zwirner or Gagosian. The New York Times first reported the news on Monday evening.

Pace Gallery on Monday announced that it will begin representing Jeff Koons exclusively worldwide. “He is one of the great living artists, who changed the way we look at our culture and at each other,” Marc Glimcher, Pace’s chief executive and president, said in a statement. “Jeff changed the way we see the world around us and the way we understand our culture and ourselves … He perceived a cultural shift decades before any of us knew it was underway by propelling through the barrier of elitism that was ringfencing the art world.”
Toutes les collections et les modèles vendables des répliques montres rolex france aaa sont disponibles ici.

Avec un style tendance et une qualité supérieure, la solde réplique montre breitling homme vaut la peine!

Jeff Koons, Balloon Dog (Orange) (1994 – 2000), at Tel Aviv Museum of Art, 2020. Image courtesy of Elad Sarig 

Pace’s first collaboration with Koons will be an exhibition of a single sculpture at the gallery’s space in Palo Alto, Calif., in 2022, followed by a major New York exhibition of new work in 2023.

It is rare for an artist to defect from one mega-gallery to another, and the reasons for why one does vary. In 2015, for example, the Robert Rauschenberg estate left Gagosian to join Pace Gallery. Koons had shown with Gagosian since 2001 and with David Zwirner since 2013.

In the case of Koons, the artist had this to say in a statement: “Sometimes professionally in life we can find ourselves at a crossroads. Going through the last year or so and having the opportunity to reflect on what I would like to achieve with my life’s work in order to bring it to its fullest potential, I have decided that a change in the environment in which my work is viewed and supported would be a positive thing at this time.”

Pace Gallery in New York. Image courtesy of PACE GALLERY 

Koons said he informed Larry Gagosian and David Zwirner of his decision in personal letters sent on Friday. Asked for his reaction, Gagosian said in a text message: “It seems like a good fit.”

Zwirner said in a statement: “We have always respected Jeff’s freedom; he really is a free agent. Working with him has been an immense privilege. We wish all involved in Jeff’s next chapter much success.”

Prev [NEWS] Curator Meg Onli Wins Inaugural Figure Skating Prize
Next [NEWS] One of the U.S.’s Oldest Museums Hires Lynda Roscoe Hartigan As Its First Female Director
  List